The super-sleek Calidus is AutoGyro’s closed cabin two-seat tandem model. When it was released in 2009, it was the world’s first formally certified factory-built gyroplane of this configuration. Calidus is loved not just for its aesthetics and amazing fun to fly, but also by flight schools, for sight-seeing, and law enforcement agencies.
The sharp aerodynamics mean that Calidus is a fast cruiser, and with a fuel tank of 74ltr, has a huge range. Improved further with the latest extended range 100ltr. tank option. The huge clear canopy gives both the pilot and passenger an amazing 360view; yet keeping them both warm, dry, and comfortable.
Ventilation? Yes, and with AutoGyros normal ingenuity there are many options;
- full enclosed canopy with ventilation windows
- open sided canopy, where large side windows allow plenty of air access
- high-headroom canopy for very tall pilots
- full open top canopy
And, of course, as all AutoGyro enclosed aircraft, Calidus is fitted with a proper heater system.
So no matter where the aircraft is operating, or the season, there is a way to keep warm, or keep cool!
And this aircraft has an excellent pedigree. With over 500 released to service since 2009, AutoGyro has a huge depth of reliability experience around the world, whether operated for fun or reward. We know that the diverse operating environments around the world can be harsh for aircraft, and take pride in the ability of our aircraft to reach that standard. Backed worldwide by the AutoGyro factory and partners, you can be sure to be well looked after.
Enjoy the difference
- Comfortable pilots environment.
- Fantastic clear 360deg view for pilot and passenger
- Fabulous fighter-style cockpit feel
- Easy- adjustable seat position, and rake angle.
- Heated cabin with variable flow rate.
- Huge option list of Garmin equipment, including ADSB in and out.
- Excellent payload, MTOM up to 560kg.
- Unique occupant safety cell concept.
- 74ltr fuel tanks, safe 3hr hour range, or extended range tank capacity of 100ltr.
- Safe and reliable design, as verified by numerous aviation authorities.
- Over 500 in service, meaning huge service experience around the world.
Prices are as is at March 2023 and subject to change without notice.
Prices are ex-works and do not include taxes, shipping cost, import- or customs duties or fees
propeller/rotor/ fuel/engine and aircraft configuration/equipment.
Please always refer to the Pilot’s Operating Handbook.
*. Values are shown for 500kg takeoff weight
**. Typical aircraft configuration applies: 1 pilot (80 kg), 40 l fuel, 2000 ft MSL
***. Typical aircraft configuration applies: 1 pilot (80 kg), max fuel, 2000 ft MSL